Saturday, December 24, 2016

My Lolita Year 2016

It's that time of the year for a review! Here is the last year's one for comparision.

Questions:
1. Favorite look
2. Favorite purchase
3. Least favorite purchase
4. An item you wished you purchased but didn’t
5. Favorite release
6. Trends you liked and didn’t like from 2016
7. Favorite event
8. Favorite picture
9. Achieved Lolita-milestones
10. Fashion goals from 2016 and did you achieved them
11. Fashion goals for 2017

1. Favorite look
I love my outfit from the AP Tea Party, I'm especially proud of my hair haha.

2. Favorite purchase
Hmm tough decision this year as I bought many awesome items, but I choose my Strawberry Whip OP because I aaaalways wanted to have such an OTT dress and I feel so beautiful in it \(*o*)/

3. Least favorite purchase
I would say both of my Innocent World dresses, because I didn't paid enough attention to the fitting when I bought them in Japan. But in the cramped Closed Child dressing rooms you don't want to spend any extra minute deciding on the fitting xD

4. An item you wished you purchased but didn’t
I really wanted to have the Kumya-chan head dress from Btssb. But for some reason I totally forgot to reserve it, and it was sold-out after the reservation period ;__; Btssb just released another similar head dress which I directly reserved, however the new version is not that fluffy and also doesn't come in pink, only white.

5. Favorite release
Kumya chan's Love Love Valentine!!! I mean how can you NOT love this cuteness full of... love?! Seriously this is the most pefect print for me because it shows how much I love Usakumya and Kumakumya \(*o*)/<3

6. Trends you liked and didn’t like from 2016
I don't like the trend of ridiculous expensive dresses the brands are putting out (or let's say Btssb and AP, who just released 4000$ dresses...), which basically just look like a huge pile of fabric and lace randomly sewed together. I wonder if they have a secret competition about who can get the most expensive and craziest dress.
I also don't like that the quality goes down more and more while the prices go up... on the other side it is very possible that they have to do it for economic reasons, like they have to decide between lowering the quality or rising the prices a lot more...

Like last year I don't think there was a real fashion trend this year?


7. Favorite event
If my Japan trip counts as an event, then it was this xD Haha but like last year, I value every event, doesn't matter if small or big. But I really had a great time at Under the Sea in Amsterdam, I liked that I could have so much interaction with the special guests, which I didn't had at other events this year.

8. Favorite picture
I love this one in front of the Angelic Pretty store in Paris. I like that it's not just an outfit shot, but has a little "action" in there (well at least for me xD)

9. Achieved Lolita-milestones
- Trip to Japan! \(*o*)/
- bought my first Angelic Pretty doll (but sold my other Pullip haha)
- started to sew my first accessories with a sewing machine
- bought my first Gosu Rori
- met many designers, models etc. in Amsterdam (too many names to list now *_*), attended my first Putumayo TP, attended another Btssb event

10. Fashion goals from 2016 and did you achieved them
- buy more blouses => Yes, but the ones I bought only fit 1-2 dresses each, so I need moar!
- buy a big Lolita bag => Yes, but same problem like above xD
- don't buy anything that doesn't fit you 100% => Well yes, I made a little mistake with the Innocent World dresses, but I couldn't really realize it when purchasing, so overall I made good purchasing decisions
- don't buy random things just because they are cheap => Yes
- don't buy crafting supplies / an item if you don't have a specific project / outfit in mind => Yes

11. Fashion goals for 2017
- buy more cutsews (instead of blouses), especially with long arms
- buy more head accessories which are comfortable to wear
- be even more carefully with my purchasing decisions regarding fitting to my body and fitting to my wardrobe in general
- be more carefully again with my spending habits to save up for my next trip to Japan
- work on my outfits I already have instead of buying new big items

Thank you for reading,
Miuko~ <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...